Frequently Asked Questions
This FAQ is meant to help with some of the commonly asked questions I get. If you can’t find an answer please contact me, I am always happy to help.
There are numerous factors I consider when setting a rate for your project.
- Word Count of the script
- Distribution (commercial rights or not)
- Do I need to proof/edit your script
- Do you need it synced to an existing video or timed
- How quickly you need it back
- Do you need background music and/or sound effects
- Do you need special effects, a full mix or just dry voice
These answers will determine the rate.
Yes, while there are lots of variables to be considered my current rate table is below:
WORD COUNT for the following use (online/event/presentation)
- UP TO 300 = .25 per word
- 301 – 500 = .17 per word
- 501 – 1,000 = .13 per word
- 1,001 – 3,000 = .10 per word
- MORE THAN 3,000 = .07 per word
*For example the base cost for a 300 word script delivered as a dry voice with no timing requirements would cost around $75
COMMERCIAL – LOCAL/LIMITED RUN on BROADCAST/CABLE/STREAMING/SATELLITE
- RADIO/TV :30 = $75 (LOCAL) + $200 FOR REGIONAL + $500 FOR NATIONAL
- RADIO/TV:60 = $125 (LOCAL) + $200 FOR REGIONAL + $500 FOR NATIONAL
- ADD MUSIC = $20 PER CUT (I use the audioblocks.com royalty free production music library as my source that you can choose from or provide your own)
*This is for dry voice delivery. For voice effects and full mix cost will be negotiated.
PER FINISHED HOUR (9,300 WORDS = 1 HOUR)
- $300 (Nonfiction)
- $350+ (characters/fiction)
*I will not produce any content with profanity or content that I am not comfortable with (contact me for clarification).
.10 – .25 PER WORD DEPENDING ON CONTENT
*Includes file segmentation and naming
SEPARATE FILE DELIVERY FOR LARGE NUMBERS OF FILES
.25 / SEQUENTIAL NUMBER NAME and .50 / SPECIFICALLY NAMED FILE
VOICE OVER SYNCING TO VIDEO OR TIMED SECTIONS
$20 PER FINISHED MINUTE
*For example a 2 minute 15 second video that required my voice to sync to a scratch track or time cues would cost an additional $60.